Kiera’s original post.

Hi Kiera,

I like it that you used the video provided in our class watching list and used the reference “digital footprint” to refer to the digital identity. I think it is very expressive because whatever we do online would leave some traces and that is exactly who we are and what our behaviors are like on the Internet.

You also had a really good point in the professional and private digital identify because using the Internet is such a common thing both in personal life and professional working field that we have to separate the two aspects of our life the same way people do with their offline professional and private life.

“Anything you post on your personal account you should be comfortable if someone from your professional account happens to see.” I like your point of view in regard to what we post about our private life. Although I think that we should separate the two aspects of our lives rather than being okay with people from the working field to see what our private life is like. This is because our privacy, as long as they are legal, reasonable and doesn’t impact our work life, we have the right to keep them private. So I personally think that it is okay to separate them and if the work would require any form of checking our personal digital identity, we have the right to refuse.

What do you think?

Qiaoyang