Blog Post #10: Engaging your PLN

Can your PLN be used to help professional development post-course?

The PLN that I learned to create in this course could serve as a network tool that help with my professional development after this course for several reasons.

First, the PLN addresses the point on inclusion. From the previous weeks we have talked about inclusion and diversity. It helps my PLN to be open to different opinions and views from various people, sources, and culture which gives it more possibility to develop itself into being even more inclusive. I believe this feature would help be helpful in the continuous professional development of my PLN.

Second, the PLN engages the relevant community, provides useful information and minimizes the risk of sharing misinformation. These are all valuable lessons that I learned from the course which I would apply on the development of my PLN. By being closely engaged with the environment and community where information and people of interests are in, the PLN would provide its own valuable takes as well as its contributions. By minimizing the risk of misinformation, my PLN would appear to its community as being authentic and truthful which would contribute to the long term development of the network.

Third, it focuses its core in education and uses multimedia as a tool. The core in education gives it a strong and powerful tag which many professionals are in. The usefulness and popularity of this keyword would give my PLN an advantage in its professional development after this course. The multimedia tools that are the reasons that PLN could be developed effectively in large scale would make my PLN useful in professional development because of the huge amount of resources, individuals with talents and experiences and people who are passionate in their fields on the social media platforms.

Can your PLN be relied on to open professional opportunities?

I believe my PLN has the potential to open professional opportunities. The above reasons and features of the PLN make sure that my PLN have the potential to reach a wider audience if developed properly. The audience who are interested in the topics of my PLN are likely to have the ability to provide relevant professional opportunities. With my future well established PLN, I would have a digital identity that could well-present my professional image and this could be a possible digital image that brings me professional opportunities or even reaches out for opportunities.

1. letterstokate

Hi, I agree that PLN addresses the point on inclusion and diversity. I believe what makes PLN so special is the amount of knowledge you gain from continuous active reflection from discussions you choose to participate in within your community. The more diverse your PLN, the more you are exposed to new topics and conversations you didn’t know existed, which in turn makes your community more inclusive. I agree that this can promote professional development as you can meet different people in your professional journey through these diverse conversations. Thank you for sharing!