Jingjing’s original post.

Hi, I agree that we need to keep working on our PLN by updating our resources, reaching out to people and expending our field and sights to have professional development and opportunities. I also think that the choice and use of multimedia can be an important part to consider when developing the PLN. The recent development of social media seems to be confusing sometimes. For example, the popular TikTok which seems to be a video focused platform have attracted many people and taken away the time people spend on other social media platforms. The contents are mostly video forms which seems not “formal” to educational purposes. However, I think as professional PLN developers, we need to always keep an open mind for new forms of media and keep up with the development of technology to stay updated. Therefore, in my view, we need to not only work on the already existing social media platforms when developing our PLN in professional ways, but also stay alert to new platforms to be able to develop a long lasting PLN.